Just few days ago, I posted Remove Search Service Application in SharePoint 2010 using stsadm, over the weekend; I noticed my Application Event log is filled with SharePoint Foundation Error - Event ID 8031, it shows up every 15 minutes… with a big question mark, I turned to internet search engine; some suggested apply the October Cumulative updates for SharePoint 2010 which we already did last year, other suggest rebuild the SharePoint! OMG!
Since everything in the SharePoint appear to be running fine... There is no compelling reason for a server rebuild. Then I found this article from Von Ingo. it helps me get rid of this event. However, I had to arm-wrestling with the DBA to gain access to the SQL Server.
Basically, here is the summary of what you need to do.
- Copy the long ID from the event log
- Search the ID in SharePoint Config DB
- Retrieve the Column ID
- Then run stsadm -o deleteconfigurationobject command
- Copy the long ID from the event 8031, just like the blue highlight in the image above
- Logon to SQL Server and lunch SQL Management Studio
- Navigate to SharePoint_Config database, create a new SQL Query, and enter the following statement
- SELECT ID, Properties FROM [Objects] WHERE [Name] LIKE '%24ca5db5-9a2f-4a3d-9e52-38ab5a1a7ab0_735388cb-9769-4d37-b212-0b17a5db02f8%'
- Feel free to look into the XML contents if you are interested.
- STSADM -o deleteconfigurationobject -id C8D9F11F-D129-41D7-9248-D54DE43059D2
Hope this help!
Updated 31st Oct 2012
* As pointed out by my reader, "Accessing the Config DB directly from SQL is not supported by Microsoft". Perhaps you should check with Microsoft Support before you update the Config DB manually.